FOR THE GORILLA TRACK
- It often rains heavily, even in the dry season, so a light raincoat will be
- Sturdy walking boots with good ankle support and grip are also
- A light shoulder bag or small rucksack is useful to carry your packed lunch, water bottles, raincoat, camera and other essentials. Local porters are also
- Strong gloves are of enormous help, as you will be hauling yourself uphill by crabbing the bushes, and often sliding downhill on the seat of your
- During the track, wearing a pair of walking trousers or gaiters will prevent cuts and
- Carry a water-proof plastic bag to wrap your camera and film or memory cards
- Flash photography is strictly prohibited as this may upset the make sure you bring ample supplies of high-speed film (400 ASA minimum or 800 ASA recommended ) or memory cards to counter this. Also make sure are completely familiar with the workings of your camera before you observe the gorillas.
FOR THE GORILLA CAMP
- Evening dress is ‘smart casual’ there is no formal wear
- We advise guests to dress in a way they feel most comfortable.
- The altitude at Bwindi is just over a mile
- Evenings can get chilly, so it is advisable to carry. For the day time, light clothes usually suffice .
- We offer a complimentary overnight laundry service in sanctuary gorilla forest