Built on 6 acres of land bordering Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Rushaga Gorilla Camp is a great value safari lodge. Located within a distance of just 15 minutes’ walk away from the gorilla tracking starting point, this is the ultimate place to stay during your safari. This mid-range lodge features all the facilities that you need to enjoy an amazing holiday.
Located in the southern part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the lodge serves clients looking to staying in Rushaga Sector and Nkuringo Sector.
The driving time from Kampala is about 9-10 hours, while the drive from Kigali (in Rwanda) takes about 5 -6 hours. From Kabale it is just one and half hour to reach the lodge.
If you are looking to travel by Air, the nearest airfield is about 35kms -Kisoro Airstrip.
Its location on a mountain slope guarantees nice vistas of the Bwindi National Park and of a spring where forest elephants occasionally come down for a drink.
It has eco-friendly lodges with luxury tents and double bandas close to the forest. Here are some of the facilities that the lodge features;
- 30 Beds total
- 6 self contained bandas
- 6 self contained luxury tents that cater for mid range lodges
- 2 family bandas
- Secure parking
There is also an option to pitch your own tent. Therefore you can go camping with an own tent.
There are heaters in every room
Here are some of the tourist activities that can be done from the Rushaga Gorilla camp;
- Gorilla tracking in the southern part of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Mountain gorilla groups which include: (Mishaya, Kahungye, Nshongi, Bweza and Busingye) – RUSHAGA GROUPS plus the Nkuringo and Nyakagezi can be tracked from this location.
- Forest walks in Bwindi Forest
- Bird watching in Bwindi
- Visit the Batwa Cultural sites from this spot.
- Visit Lake Bunyonyi for dug-out canoeing and bird watching
- Visit Lake Mutanda for the visits to the Islands of the African Rock Pythons.
- Visit Mgahinga National park for Golden Monkey trekking and Batwa Cultural experiences