Rushaga Gorilla Haven Lodge is a mid-range lodge located close to Rushaga gorilla trail head in the southern part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. It is Located 6 kilometers west of Nyanamo Trading Centre, Kisoro District.
The Rushaga area of Bwindi can be easily accessed from Entebbe or Kampala by taking a flight to Kisoro. The flight is one of the more scenic ones in Uganda and includes views of the Virunga Volcanoes – Lake Bunyonyi and Lake Mutanda.
The flight is one and half hours long to the town of Kisoro from Entebbe and then it is a short drive to the Rushaga or Nkuringo area to your lodge that you have chosen for your Gorilla activity in the area.
The Rushaga sector has the most Gorilla Families along with the nearby Nkuringo area that you can track in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
The southern area of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is also one of the most scenic areas of the park. New Lodges have sprung up, given more choices in and around the South of Bwindi Forest and lots of things to do and see.
The lodge is situated in a unique area with views of the unending kigezi hills Virunga volcanoes onsite and the magnificent Bwindi impenetrable forest canopy.
The lodge offers well maintained and comfortable accommodation with a bar and restaurant with variety of local and international cuisine.
Tourist activities at The Havens Lodge
- Gorilla tracking
- Mountain gorilla groups which include: (Mishaya, Kahungye, Nshongi, Bweza and Busingye.) – RUSHAGA GROUPS Plus the Nkuringo and Nyakagezi can be tracked from this location.
- Forest walks
- Bird watching
- Visit the Batwa Cultural sites from this spot.
- Visit Lake Bunyonyi for dug-out canoeing and bird watching
- Visit Lake Mutanda for the visits to the Islands of the African Rock Pythons.
- Visit Mgahinga National park for Golden Monkey trekking and Batwa Cultural experiences.