It’s one of the closest gorilla lodges of Rushaga which is only 10 minutes’ drive to the trekking starting point. Traveling to Bwindi Impenetrable and opting to stay in a comfort and unique eco-friendly place, the Four Gorilla Safari Lodge is a safe place for you. The lodge is business friendly to guests who want to explore the park with its breathtaking views, soft breezes, rustling trees and the forest canopy.
Four Gorillas lodge Uganda offers the finest luxury accommodation. In this oasis of privacy, serenity and rejuvenation, there are no crowds, just Mountain Gorillas as well as the soothing sound of birds, rustling trees, soft breezes and breath-taking views. So, the Four Gorillas Lodge is the closest to the headquarters of the Bwindi National Park, only 10 minutes away from the Gorilla tracking and briefing center.
The Four Gorillas Lodge in Bwindi National Park Uganda offers perfect contemporary luxury while satisfying the human craving to become one with nature and our fellow apes. Our signature cottages are surrounded by dense forest and feature upscale elegance within a cozy homesteading.
The Four Gorilla lodge comprised of 8 elegant and luxury en suite cottages that reflects African traditional building style with grass thatched roofs and natural materials of local woods. Rooms are well decorated, elevated with raised platform and furnished with en suite private facilities of flushing toilets, hot and cold showers, complementary bottled water, bathtubs, mosquito nets, flat screen TVs, hair driers, satellite, extinguishers and many more facilities.
All rooms have terraces and sitting areas and wooden balconies. At the cottages you relax while enjoying the stunning breathtaking view of the canopy forest and surrounding areas. Four Gorilla Lodge rooms have excellent and clean Comfortable beddings with wooden floor and ceiling fan.
Rooms varies in Different categories and sizes; single, double, twin, triple and family cottages. Rooms cost 300$ and above per person per night, sometimes rate goes lightly high in peak season than low season.
The lodge has fire places where guests relax and share experiences about the safaris not only that it also provides warmth to the guests during night.
Facilities and Services at Four Gorilla Lodge
- A restaurant that serves different food both local and continental food that meets clients appetite served by well trained, friendly and organized staff.
- A Breakfast in the room or gardens while facing the forest Lunch and three course dinner in the main dining area both in and out door dinner.
- A well- stocked bar with a shared lounge with both hard and soft drinks (beers, sodas, wines etc.).
- You relax on the terraces/deck en sip the cocktail while overlooking the canopy forest, thrilling gorilla viewing, soft breezes and surrounding areas.
- Laundry services are offered,
- WIFI available at the lodge that keeps you connected to families and friends,
- Airport pick up and drop off services offered,
- Stand by generator available,
- Ample parking space
- Business centers with meeting rooms and Honey moon package etc.
- Healthy and fitness center with sauna, steam bathe, massage services.
- Craft shop with African craft gifts like; shoes, clothes, safari essentials.
- Guides book to mention but a few.
Adventures to undertake when slept at Four Gorillas Lodge
Several activities can be done during your stay at the Four Gorillas Lodge. Among these activities include; Gorilla trekking experience, gorilla habituation experience, Batwa cultural trail and cultural experience, bird watching as the park accommodates over 300 bird species, nature walks in the forest, Visiting lake bunyonyi and lake mutanda, golden monkey tracking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and many other activities
Accessing Four Gorilla Safari Lodge
Drive from Entebbe or Kampala, via Masaka, Mbarara to Kabale. Then you proceed on the Kisoro highway up to Muko town, make a right turn off shortly after the Muko police outpost. The turn-off has many signposts of different lodges and Four Gorillas Lodgee has a signpost too. The last drive after the turn-off is a straight drive and roughly takes an hour to the last bridge. From the bridge proceed for 300meters to a signpost for Four Gorillas Lodge where you will make your last turn. From this signpost, it takes roughly 1 km to 4 Gorillas lodge. The entire road trip takes approximately 8 to 9 hours with minimum stopovers.
It’s as well possible to fly on either scheduled or chartered plan from Entebbe to Kihihi airstrip in Kisoro. The scheduled flights are daily in the early morning. The chartered flights to Kisoro airstrip that offer flexibility in time are also available on request to and from Entebbe international airport. The flight from Entebbe to Kisoro is about an hour.