Lake Mutanda is 6 km from Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is a 40-miutes drive from the Ichumbi lodge
You can easily reach the lodge using Charter Flights from Entebbe or Kajjansi to Kisoro, with a road transfer from the airstrip in Kisoro to the lodge.
You can hire a car from Car rental Uganda for those who need private transport. You will travel through Kabale at about 427km.
The lodge offers accommodation in en suite spacious luxurious units with individual verandahs allowing excellent views towards the pristine tropical rain forest.
Set in Kisoro, Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge is a lodge featuring free Wifi, and guests can enjoy free bikes and a garden. Free private parking is available on site. Fitted with a sun terrace, the units feature a flat-screen TV.
A balcony with garden views is offered in each unit. Each room at the accommodation has a private bathroom with free toiletries.
Vegetarian, buffet, full English/Irish, continental and American breakfast options are available each morning at the lodge. Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge offers a terrace.
For guests’ convenience, the accommodation has a business centre. Guests can also relax in the shared lounge area.
Tourist activities at Ichumbi Lodge
- Gorilla tracking
- Mountain gorilla groups which include: (Mishaya, Kahungye, Nshongi, Bweza and Busingye.) – RUSHAGA GROUPS Plus the Nkuringo and Nyakagezi can be tracked from this location.
- Forest walks
- Bird watching
- Visit the Batwa Cultural sites from this spot.
- Visit Lake Bunyonyi for dug-out canoeing and bird watching
- Visit Lake Mutanda for the visits to the Islands of the African Rock Pythons.
- Visit Mgahinga National park for Golden Monkey trekking and Batwa Cultural experiences.