Ruhija Gorilla Friends Resort is one of the finest safari lodges in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. It is located near Bwindi impenetrable national park. This lodge is owned and run by the local community and is a favorite of many people tracking the gorillas through Ruhija gate.
The lodge is close to the park gate and guests are able to walk to the gorilla briefing point.
The gorilla groups at this gate are Bitukura, Oruzogo and Kyaguriro.
Ruhija gorilla friends resort provides affordable accommodation in categories of rooms, safari tents and camping. They have both self contained and none self contained options.
The restaurant on site provides meals and most of the guest who stay here during their gorilla trip has found the lodge quite reliable.
- The view of the mountain gorilla forests from the room or restaurant balcony
- Walking in the lush forest, home to the gorillas
- Mixing freely with the community during the village activities
What to bring:
- Walking shoes or boots as it can get muddy
- Insect repellent
- Hat and sun cream
- Layers and water proof jackets (climate is changeable)
- Cash for tips and gift purchases
- Drinks and snacks can be purchased
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Plastic bag to protect cameras etc
Tourist activities here include;
- Gorilla trekking,
- Forest walks
- Ruhija community village walks (2 to 4 hours)
- Handicrafts production and sale
- Community traditional dance from 30 minutes to one hour or more on request