Built on 6 acres of land bordering Bwindi national forest, the lodge is 15 minutes’ walk away from the gorilla tracking starting point.
Driving time from Kampala is about 9 hours, while the drive from Kigali, Rwanda is about 5 hours, and1.5 hours from Kabale.
Nearest airfield is about 35kms -Kisoro Airstrip
Its location on a mountain slope guarantees nice vistas of the national park and of a spring where elephants occasionally come down for a drink.
It has eco-friendly lodges with luxury tents and double bandas close to the forest
20 beds total
6 luxury tents
2 family bandas
camping with own tent
|Heaters in every room|
Tourist activities at Rushaga Gorilla camp
- Gorilla tracking
- Mountain gorilla groups which include: (Mishaya, Kahungye, Nshongi, Bweza and Busingye.) – RUSHAGA GROUPS Plus the Nkuringo and Nyakagezi can be tracked from this location.
- Forest walks
- Bird watching
- Visit the Batwa Cultural sites from this spot.
- Visit Lake Bunyonyi for dug-out canoeing and bird watching
- Visit Lake Mutanda for the visits to the Islands of the African Rock Pythons.
- Visit Mgahinga National park for Golden Monkey trekking and Batwa Cultural experiences.